Live In the Moment

And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” (Elder Ballard’s talk May, 2008 quote by Author Anna Quindlen speaking of her children)

- I put this on here to remind me to take time to enjoy the little things in life, or to enjoy the moments that make some of Life's Precious Memories.

Monday, January 12, 2009

I got an "A"

So I just got the results back for my first test. It was an A-. For those of my friends who are still in school they may not understand why in the world I'm so excited over this. Let's put it this way. It's been a few years now since I have taken a challenging course (I don't count the religion course I took to be challenging) and how to get in laundry, dishes, cleaning kids and their messes, (the list goes on) etc. it hasn't exactly been mentally stimulating like a wonderful BYU course. I'm taking American Heritage right now. The very name still strikes fear into my heart (lol. It still does though.) So, I decided in the course of trying to get my degree that I might as well get it over with now rather than later. I've actually found the information so far to be incredibly interesting, I just dread having to be tested on it. Now that the first is over I'm not quite so nervous about getting a good grade. I actually deserved a B+ to be honest, but the teacher liked the essay (it was a good essay) and told me he'd give me an A- instead.

No comments: