Sunday, December 14, 2008
New Calling
So they called me to be the Ward Choir Director. I think they are trying to tell me something, like how about the fact that I don't go to choir practice at all, and yet I am musical. That will be new to have a calling not behind the piano and I'll actually have to put forth some effort, I can't just show up and play (Thanks to a wonderful Mom who made sure I had piano lessons even while kicking and screaming, ok not quite that bad, and later when I wanted them she paid for them, and now I can just sightread the music so I don't have to practice). Did I mention that I really enjoy playing the piano in primary and don't want to leave, especially because Emily is going to be in Primary in January and it would be fun to be in there with her. Not to mention I think I'll be less nervous about her being in primary (the poor new sunbeams don't understand why the cruel parents and adults won't let them go play in Nursery and then make them sit still some more.) This morning I started thinking about it so I talked to Emily. "You're going to be a big girl soon. You won't go to nursery anymore but you'll go to Primary with the Big Kids!" Emily, "Wow". There's a couple of changes right there that will happen for 2009. And as Emily says, "Wow" :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment