Live In the Moment

And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” (Elder Ballard’s talk May, 2008 quote by Author Anna Quindlen speaking of her children)

- I put this on here to remind me to take time to enjoy the little things in life, or to enjoy the moments that make some of Life's Precious Memories.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Canceled

For reasons completely beyond me, they cancled my induction. Now, instead, I have a whole slew of tests to go through. Not to worry, the baby is doing great and is perfectly healthy. They did another ultrasound yesterday and now I'll be doing a stress test, counseling, and we'll just have to see what happens. Let's just say that the ultrasound technician goofed and the doctor that was in charge yesterday seems scissor happy. I'm praying for a miracle that I'll just go into labor now. That would just solve all my problems it seems like.

5 comments:

Tess said...

What exactly is going on? Why were you scheduled for inductio anyway? Good luck with it all!

Jennifer said...

The baby is measuring big, no surprise for my babies. Then I went for another ultrasound and the doctor that didn't want to induce me in the first place said no. I'm not sure that the ultrasound actually changed his mind. He just said "no". But, since the baby is measuring large (larger than I think the baby is which is why I say the technician goofed) I have to take a glucose test Monday, a stress test Tuesday, and go in for some counseling session on Wednesday. And of course the threat of a c-section hanging there somewhere as well. In the meantime I'm thinking, "If you don't get this baby out now I WILL have a c-section versus if you try to induce me early and I MAY have to have one because that's just one of the chances you take by inducing. I was so upset leaving that place last time that I told Nathan I'm not going back without him there. I want someone there that's on my side. :)

liz taylor said...

I'm sorry. That stinks. I hope everything works out well. Those medical people. You love them and hate them:) Good luck with the tests. How big did they say the baby is measuring?

Kristine said...

I'm Sorry, I will come with you next time :) We'll talk them into doing exactly what should be done.

Jennifer said...

10lbs 2oz! I've carried a 10 lb baby before and I just can't believe this one is a 10lb baby. If it were I'm doing INCREDIBLY well. The nurse midwife reminded me today that they can be up to 2 lbs off. Um, ya, I think so.