Live In the Moment

And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” (Elder Ballard’s talk May, 2008 quote by Author Anna Quindlen speaking of her children)

- I put this on here to remind me to take time to enjoy the little things in life, or to enjoy the moments that make some of Life's Precious Memories.

Monday, September 14, 2009

File Folder Games (the links)

I sort of forgot to post the links to the file folder games. I meant to.

I tripped over this one first, File Folder Fun. Then while I was searching the website I found that it had links to several other websites. Another of my favorites was the Mormon Chic file folder games. The Ice Cream Cone game I did I did myself. Of course, I made it BEFORE my computer crashed on me, so I can't share it. But, it was really easy to search for clip art online and color it in with markers (or crayons, or whatever is cheap and available). I made it to teach Meredith her colors and it was really easy. It's her FAVORITE game. She's happy to let Emily go to school with the promise that when we get home she gets to play the "Ice Cream Game". What I don't understand is why she learned all of the "odd" colors first. She decided to learn brown, black, white, and gray first. She would call every other color "purple" until she learned most of them, which is really typical for 2-year-olds. Right now I'm working on sight words with the girls. I think I'll be making some File Folder Games for those.

*To the person who asked me for the links, I don't have your email! I'd love to have it though. :)

2 comments:

Kendyl said...

hey jennifer.. i finally found my way of stumbling to your blog again.. i added you to my friends list if you dont mind.. I shouldn't lose it this time! Your girls are adorable. I love the curls on Meredith. Love the name too!!!

Davis Family said...

Jennifer, thanks so much for the links! I found some myself and started making some, but plan on using these links as well. My email is ari(dot)jane(at)gmail(dot)com